mire-poix [mir-pwah] noun

The holy trinity in French cooking: onions, carrots and celery.


Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Wedding Dress

Seeing Nicole Richie in her Marchesa wedding gown this morning has inspired me to write a blog post of about "the dress". Every girl dreams about their big day and that perfect wedding dress. I know I have given this much thought.


Nicole in her beautiful Marchesa gown. (Photo via people.com)


Grace Kelly

Ever since Nicole was a little girl, she knew that she wanted two things at her wedding; a Grace Kelly inspired wedding dress and an elephant. Well, she got both of these things and more. Lucky girl.

Now onto me. Ever since I was a little girl I have been a huge fan of Audrey Hepburn. My great-grandma absolutely adored her and I remember watching all of her movies growing up. One of my favourites is My Fair Lady and it would be my dream to channel this look on my big day.


Audrey Hepburn

I know Audrey's white dress is not a wedding gown, but I think every girl would feel like a princess looking like that.

Ladies, do you have a dream dress?

xoxO

No comments:

Post a Comment