mire-poix [mir-pwah] noun

The holy trinity in French cooking: onions, carrots and celery.


Sunday, May 2, 2010

Pure Decadence in a Bowl

Honestly anything with cheese is good for me, but last night's dinner experience at Oliver and Bonacini was on another level. I want to note that I ended up devouring my boyfriend's meal because I did not enjoy my seafood linguine. He ordered the O&B Macaroni and Cheese with slivered chicken, sweet garden peas, Balderson cheddar, and Chevalier goat cheese. Yes cheddar and goat cheese TOGETHER! I thought the combination would be too strong, but it was so delicious. I even resorted to scraping down the bowl with my fork to get every last bit of cheese sauce in my mouth! I know I have no shame and zero table manners, but you would do the same if you tried this dish. I'm no Gail Greene but this mac and cheese deserves five stars.

Sorry no visuals for this post, I was too busy eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment