mire-poix [mir-pwah] noun

The holy trinity in French cooking: onions, carrots and celery.


Friday, May 21, 2010

Dakgalbee at Joon's

Last week, my brother took me to Joon's at Yonge and Sheppard for some Dakgalbee. It's Korean tabletop cooking. This was completely new to me because unlike my brother, I do not watch Korean shows/dramas. Apparently this is quite popular in Korea and most people have it as a midnight meal. We ordered the first Dakgalbee on the menu and in minutes the waitress came to our table and began cooking for us. The end result was delicious! The one pan wonder had ramen noodles, rice cakes, vegetables, chicken, spicy Korean hot sauce and mozzarella cheese. Yes, cheese. Interesting mix right? I thought so too, but the combination is pretty amazing. It's spicy and cheesy all at the same time. What's not to like?

Here are some visuals.


Before


Dakgalbee. Nomnomnom.

xoxO

No comments:

Post a Comment